what is with the world today?

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I am broke, big time! Yesterday, there were only 3 bucks in wallet which I had to use to pay for my bus fare. This is awful! Good thing I was able to borrow money from my Lola which would tide me over for the next 2 weeks. I cannot imagine how I was able to manage to stretch $20 for 2 weeks but I did. I think when push comes to shove, people just are able to manage and deal with the situation. I have been out of cash before but not this grave. This is definitely the last time that this is going to happen to me. Never again.
Why am I broke? Well, for one this country that is not even my country of birth is punishing me for being a single working woman. How am I being penalized for earning and not having dependents to claim is beyond me. Of course I could always concoct an imaginary dependent to lessen the heartache but that imaginary dependent may hunt me forever. It is not worth all the agony that I may have to face in the future. So here I am dealing with it the best way I could. Its not comfortable nor amusing but its the reality that I have to face at this point. At least after this, I can breathe a deep sigh of relief because I am done paying the government, well for this year at least. I can now start saving up and this time I mean it. No more making excuses for myself. I am not getting any younger but my expenses are getting bigger. I want to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor before it is already physically impossible for me to do so.
I really have to set a goal for myself. Something that I would have to stick with. May it be treating myself to a really great vacation, shopping or doing something nice for my family. Anything. Anything that I can set my mind into and focus because that is what I need right now..focus. I should really chant that often...."focus...focus...focus". I was able to survive with the most minimum money possible to live, I am sure I will be able to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home