what is with the world today?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

WHAT A F&^KING LOAD OF CRAP!!!!!

My sisters are irritating. They think just because I am not in the same ride with them to "la-la-land" I do not have the right to say my piece. Just because I haven't experienced it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Screw free speech then! Apparently they are not liking my role as "devil's advocate" because they want to continue to live in their dreamland that all is well in their relationships. Well, reality is, in relationships, they are not always well. And you know what it is fine. There is no perfect relationship!


Just because I do not think the way they do it doesn't mean I do not support them. It doesn't mean I am not happy for them that they are happy. But when is saying something, just because its something they do not want to hear or listen to becomes wrong? I am not saying I am right either because I am not sure if I am but whether if its wrong or right, I should be able to say it. They are called OPINIONS. I read somewhere that "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone got one." Other people's opinions are just a way for people to see the other side. According to Claire, it's just a way for someone to get a different perspective, that not everything is what it seems. That is the point I am driving at. But apparently I am not being supportive. I am being a villain. And who says that just because I have not experienced being in one, erases my right to be able to say something... anything. They feel I am being an intrusion when I say things that they may not want to hear but isn't telling me how to live my life, how to make decisions about my life the same as intrusion? Why is it that when the direction of the words are from eldest to younger siblings, its an intrusion but the very same thing the other way around isn't? Damn those double standards and I thought it is only an issue between men and women, apparently not.

It doesn't mean just because I said it that they have to take it. They can take it or leave it for all I care but it shouldn't stop me from being able to say what I want to say, what I have to say. They are thinking individuals. They are free to make decisions that will be good for them, that is suitable for them but it doesn't make my opinions of any less importance. Apparently I am not allowed to have MY opinions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home